- Numerical modeling of gravel-bed rivers. Gravel Bed Rivers: Processes, resilience and management in a changing environment (Gravel Bed Rivers 9), Chile, January 2022.
- Modeling of mixed-sediment morphodynamics in gravel bed rivers using the active layer approach: insights from mathematical and numerical analysis. Gravel-bed Rivers: Processes and Disasters (GBR8), Japan, 2015.
INVITED SEMINARS (last four years)
- Eco-Morfodinamica fluviale: uno spostamento di paradigma. Accademia dei Lincei, World Water Day 2021, Rome.
- Modeling vegetation controls on gravel bed river morphodynamics. Advances in Mathematical Modelling of Hydraulic and Morphodynamic Problems, Deltares (Delft), 2019.
- Riverbed and surface composition adjustments in a gravel-bed river subject to repeated sediment bypass tunnel operations. Swiss Competence Center for Energy Research Suply and Electricity (SCCER- SoE) Annual Conference, Luzern 14th September, 2018
- Feedbacks between plant roots and river morphodynamics: a modelling appraoch. Pre-conference short course of River Costal and Estuarine Morphodynamics (RCEM) conference, Padova, Italy (2017)
- Modelling the interactions between vegetation and morphodynamics in gravel bed rivers. EDF, Laboratoire d’Hydraulique Saint-Venant, France (2017).
Recent contributions to conferences
- Salerno, L., Moreno-Martínez, Á., Izquierdo-Verdiguier, E., Clinton, N., Siviglia, A., and Camporeale, C.: High-resolution mapping of floodplain vegetation changes in large tropical rivers, EGU General Assembly 2021, online, 19–30 Apr 2021, EGU21-12994, 2021.
- Fink, S., van Rooijen, E., Vanzo, D., Vetsch, D. F., Siviglia, A., and Scheidegger, C.: A hierarchical approach linking hydraulic and ecological modeling for habitat predictions for riverine pioneer vegetation, EGU General Assembly 2021, online, 19–30 Apr 2021, EGU21-6450, https://doi.org/10.5194/egusphere-egu21-6450, 2021.
- Cunico, I., Fantin, D., Siviglia, A., Bertoldi, W., Bätz, N., and Caponi, F.: Modeling groundwater-driven morphodynamic evolution of a gravel bed river in presence of riparian vegetation, EGU General Assembly 2021, online, 19–30 Apr 2021, EGU21-10083, 2021.
- van Rooijen, E., Toma, L., Vetsch, D. F., Boes, R., Siviglia, A., & Vanzo, D. (2020, December). Quantification of Flood Induced Fish Habitat Changes in an Alpine River. In AGU Fall Meeting 2020. AGU.
- Caponi, F., Wild, P., Vetsch, D. F., Boes, R., Siviglia, A., & Vanzo, D. (2020, December). Quantifying the Role of Hydropeaking Regimes on Reach-Scale Vegetation Recruitment in a Gravel Bed River. In AGU Fall Meeting 2020. AGU.
- Caponi, F., Vetsch, D. F., & Siviglia, A. (2020, May). Influence of plant traits on biogeomorphic patterns of gravel bed rivers. In EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts (p. 11453).
- Siviglia, A., & Caponi, F. (2019, January). Modeling the effects of plant allometry on biogeomorphic feedbacks in gravel-bed rivers. In Geophysical Research Abstracts (Vol. 21).
- Siviglia, A., & Caponi, F. (2018, December). Plant root controls on riverbed evolution: a numerical modeling study. In AGU Fall Meeting 2018. AGU.
- Facchini, M., Bertoldi, W., Boes, R., Vetsch, D. F., & Siviglia, A. (2018, December). Effects of natural and anthropogenic repeated water and sediment inputs to gravel-bed rivers: a numerical study. In AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts (Vol. 2018, pp. EP31A-05).
- Caponi, F., Koch, A., Siviglia, A., Vetsch, D. F., & Bertoldi, W. (2018, December). Vegetation Pattern Evolution on the Alternate Bars in the Alpine Rhine River: Image Analysis and Numerical Modelling. In AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts (Vol. 2018, pp. EP41D-2708).