- Practicing the Commons, XVI Biennial IASC Conference, Utrecht, July 2017.
- 1st National Conference on Commons and Social and Solidarity Economy in Greece, Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, May 2017.
- Guest lecture (invited speaker), How and when can “voice” work? Evidence from European social movement campaigns. College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium and Universite Libre de Bruxelles, April 2017.
- Economic and Social Research Council Seminar: Understanding the post-crisis landscape: assessing change in economic management, welfare, work and democracy in the context of Brexit, (invited speaker), Brussels, November 2016.
- European Sociological Association research network 25 midterm conference: friends and foes of social movements: Scuola Normale Superiore, Florence, October 2016.
- British International Studies Association annual conference, Edinburgh, June 2016.
- Local-global interactions in environmental law and policy, University of Lincoln, May 2016.
- Democratic participation in a citizens’ Europe (workshop facilitator), University of Liverpool, May 2016.
- Rights and resources: community engagement with extractive industries (debate facilitator), Heinrich Böll Stiftung, Berlin, April 2016.
- Socio-Legal Studies Association Annual Conference, University of Lancaster, April 2016.
- Circulation de normes et réseaux d’acteurs dans la gouvernance internationale de l’environnement, Aix-en-Provence, March 2016.
- Decolonising the academy, University of Edinburgh, February 2016.
- Fair and Equitable Benefit-Sharing for the Protection and Full Realization of the Human Rights of Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities: Challenges and Opportunities in International Law, side event at the Ninth meeting of the Ad Hoc Open-ended Working Group on Article 8(j) and Related Provisions of the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD), Montreal, Canada, November 2015.
- Exploring Fairness and Equity in Benefit-Sharing Arrangements, side event at the Sixth meeting of the Governing Body of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGR), Rome, Italy, October 2015.
- Right to Water debate, European Parliament (invited speaker), Brussels, February 2015.
- European Citizens’ Initiative debate (invited speaker), European Trade Union Institute, Brussels, January 2015.
- British Political Studies Association annual conference, Sheffield, March 2014.
- Ius Comune, University of Edinburgh, December 2014.
- British International Studies Association workshop, University of Sheffield, October 2014.
- European Consortium for Political Research annual conference, University of Glasgow, September 2014.
- Alternatives to European executive federalism: civil society, social movements and radical critique (invited speaker), University of Trento, July 2014.
- Voters, protest and policies: bridging public opinion, social movement outcomes and policy responsiveness research, University of Leicester, June 2014.
- Guest lecture (invited speaker), Universite Libre de Bruxelles, December 2013.
- European Sociological Association conference, University of Torino, August 2013.
- European Consortium for Political Research Joint Sessions, University of Mainz, March 2013.