Invited talks and keynotes at international workshops and conferences
- Invited presentation at “EU High-level Conference Green Cities for a Greener future”, European Commission. Title: “Nature in the city”, Brussels, 22-24 May, 2018.
- Invited presentation at the workshop “Green Infrastructure and Restoration”, European Commission, DG Environment. Title: “Guidance documents on ecosystem services mapping and assessment for policy and decision-making”, Brussels, 31.01-01.02 2018
- Invited presentation at the workshop “Ecosystem services in impact assessment, planning and management – Current trend and future directions”, Murdoch University. Title: Ecosystem services and impact assessment of urban plans”. Murdoch, Western Australia, 12 May 2017.
- Invited presentation at the “EU technical workshop on knowledge base and spatial and technical data for green infrastructures and restoration”, European Commission, DG Environment. Title: Strategic planning of green infrastructure and restoration in cities. Brussels, 24-15 October 2016.
- Invited presentation at the international seminar “Providing Nature-based solutions for sustainable development”, Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology. Title: Nature-based solutions for urban challenges”. Paola, Malta, 16 June 2016.
- Invited presentation at the seminar “Geodesign for Planning Support Systems: Ecosystem services assessment and evaluation”, University of Naples Federico. Naples, 26 May 2016.
- Invited presentation at the Sustainability Science Symposium, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard University. Title: What are the principal tradeoffs between human well-being and the natural environment, on what temporal and spatial scales do these tradeoffs matter? Cambridge, MA, USA, May 20-21, 2016
- Key note speech at the “Annual Meeting of Operationalisation of Natural Capital and Ecosystem Services”. Speech title: Ecosystem services for impact assessment processes. Leipzig, Germany (26-28 April 2016)
- Invited presentation at the international workshop “Modelling and mapping of ecosystem services for regional planning”. Title: Ecosystem services in spatial planning and impact assessment. Garmisch, Germany (17-18 March 2016)
- Invited presentation at the international workshop “Mapping and Assessment of ecosystem services in enlargement countries”, organized by Joint Research Centre of the European Commission. Ispra, Italy. Title: Mapping and assessing ecosystem services to support urban planning in Trento, Italy (January 2016)
- Invited presentation at the international workshop ‘Using ecosystem service assessments to change things in the real world”, organized by Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research and GIZ. Frankfurt, Germany (November 2014)
- Key note speech at the ”International conference RegioResources 21‐2014 A cross‐disciplinary dialogue on future perspectives for a sustainable development of regional resources”. Katowice, Poland (September 2014).
- Invited presentation at the International workshop “High Level Policy Dialogue on Mainstreaming Natural Capital into Sustainable Development: Moving environment to the center stage”, organized by the United Nations Environment Programme. Hanoi, Vietnam (May 2014).
- Key note speech at the “International conference RegioResources 21‐2013 A cross‐disciplinary dialogue on future perspectives for a sustainable development of regional resources”. Catania, Italy (September 2013).
- Invited presentation at the Information and Capacity Exchange Workshop organized by the UNEP Project for Ecosystem Services. San Pedro de Atacama, Chile (via skype) (May 2013).
- Invited presentation at the International Conference “Biodiversity and ecosystem services in impact assessment”, International Association for Impact Assessment. Washington DC, USA (February 2013). (Nota: questa relazione su invito non ha previsto il rimborso delle spese).
- Invited presentation at the workshop “Generazione e valutazione delle alternative nei processi di valutazione ambientale”, organized by the Italian Ministry for the Environment, Bari, Italy (Ocober, 2012).
- Invited presentation at the “International workshop on Linking policy impact assessment and sustainability expertise”, organized by the LIAISE Network of Excellence. Villa Vigoni, Italy (October 2012).
- Invited presentation at the “Synthesis workshop on Qualities, Vulnerabilities and Management of Ecosystem Services in Mountain Regions Worldwide”, organized by the University of Bern, Mountain Research Initiative. Grosshöchstetten, Switzerland (September 2012).
- Invited presentation at the “International Scientific Workshop Energy Landscapes – integrating multiple criteria for planning and decision making”, organised by KTH Royal Institute of Technology. Stockholm, Sweden (August 2012).
- Invited presentation at the “International Workshop on Mainstreaming Ecosystem Services into Development Policy: Approaches and Opportunities”, organised by the United Nations Environmental Programme. Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago (May 2012).
- Invited presentation at the “European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2012”. Vienna, Austria (April 2012). (Nota: questa relazione su invito non ha previsto il rimborso delle spese).
- Invited presentation at the International Seminar “III Seminario Internacional sobre Ordenación del Territorio”, organized by the Catholic University of Temuco. Temuco, Chile (May 2010).
- Invited presentation at the Conference “Indicators of environmental sustainability in transport. Final Conference”, European Cooperation in Science and Technology. Paris, (March 2010).
- Invited presentation at the “Consultation meeting on Strategic Environmental Assessment and Health”, organized by the World Health Organization (WHO). Rome (June, 2009).
- Invited presentation at the International seminar on “Percepción Remota, el espacio y las oportunidades de desarrollo social”, organized by SERCOTEC, Santiago de Chile (March 2008).