Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science
The Department of Information Engineering and Computer Science (DISI), founded in 2002, is a leading institution in research and development in the area of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) at Italian and European level. DISI seeks the right balance between theoretical and applied research, as is shown by the strong focus on European and industrial projects, and its key role in the initiatives of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT Digital).
Research at the department covers two main areas of ICTs:
- Computer science
The different subjects are taught in separate courses, but with an interdisciplinary approach. This allows DISI teaching staff to integrate their subjects with others, and offer students the skills they need to develop advanced technologies for innovative applications and services.
Research is organized into thirteen areas:
- Cyber Security
- Data and Knowledge Management
- Deep and Structured Machine Learning
- Embedded Electronics and Computing Systems
- Language, Speech and Interaction
- LION - machine Learning and Intelligent OptimizatioN
- Multimedia Signal Processing and Understanding
- Remote and Distributed Sensing
- Signal Processing and Recognition
- Social Informatics
- Software Engineering
- Formal Methods and Security
- Systems and Networks
- Wireless Networking
The many synergies with other research institutions in Trentino, among which are Fondazione Bruno Kessler, CoSBI Research Centre, CNR and Create-Net, expand the reach of DISI.