Sabrina Di Maria
Faculty of Law
Liceo Classico "P. Giannone" in Benevento, Campania Region
Academic Year 2002/2003
Bologna University - Faculty of Law: The final grade was 110/110 cum laude; Thesis in Roman Public Law: "Consul oriens, de nocte, silentio dicit dictatorem"
State exam as a Lawyer at Corte d'Appelo di Bologna
29.04.2008 in Reggio Calabria University Research Doctorate
Doctorate/PhD in "History of thought and Roman Legal Institutes"
From July 2017 to September 2017
Academic Visitor at Institute of Classical Studies of London
From February 2014 to June 2014
Barcelona University: research within the program "Programma Marco Polo dell'Università di Bologna - tornata 2013"
Hunan University (China): research at Summer School
From January to May 2011
Alicante University: research within the program "Programma Marco Polo dell'Università di Bologna - II tornata 2010"
From December 2009 to June 2010
Elche University: research within the program "Programma Marco Polo dell'Università di Bologna - XVII tornata"
Academic career and teaching activities
Current Position: Professor of Roman Law at the University of Trento, Faculty of Law
National Scientific Qualification
Suitable in National Scientific Qualification (ASN) 2021 as a Full Professor - selection procedure sector 12/H1 (Roman and Ancient Law)
- She teaches, at the University of Trento, Faculty of Law, Institutes of Roman Law, Roman Law and Foundations of European Law and Roman Foundations of European Law.
- Lecturer on Foundations of European Law at the School of Legal Professions organised by the Universities of Trento and Verona
From Academic Year 2008/2009 to Academic Year 2015/2016
At Bologna University - Faculty of Law, she taught History of Roman Law and Foundations of European Law
- Foundations of European Law
- Private Roman Law
- Law of Justinian
Current member of the research project SIR - Scriptores iuris Romani. Texts and Thought - ERC-2014-Advanced Grant 2014 (Durata 01/12/2015-30/11/2020) - Host Institution: Dipartimento di Scienze Giuridiche, University of Rome 'La Sapienza' - www.scritpres-iuris-romani.eu)”, P.I. Prof. A. Schiavone.
Member, in a framework of a joint research with some Universities of Spain (Facultad de Ciencias Sociales y Jurìdicas de Elche, Faculdad de Derecho de Granada, Faculdad de Derecho de Barcelona, Facultad de Derecho de Alicante) and Universities of Italy (Bologna University and Pisa University), of an historical-comparative international research project on the Draft Common Frame of Reference.
Member of Prin 2008 project entitled "Review and integration of the Fontes Iuris Romani Antejustiniani - FIRA,co-funded by Miur - P.I. Prof. G. Purpura
Memberships in societies and scientific committees
Reviewer of the interdisciplinary juridical Periodical (A) "Archivio giuridico Filippo Serafini"
Member of "Societa Italiana di Storia del Diritto"
Member of "Asociacion Ibero-Americana de Derecho Romano"
Awards and honours
- FFABR (FONDO RICERCA DI BASE, MIUR) 2017 winner
- Best PhD theses on "Storia del pensiero e delle istituzioni giuridiche" (XX CICLO) - University "Mediterranea" of Reggio Calabria
- Award “F.I.D.A.P.A.” 1998 for best student of Liceo Ginnasio Statale “P. Giannone” of Benevento;
Conferences and lectures
Lecture at the Elche University - Faculty of Law on “Roman and European legal unification law. Why a comparative perspective?”.
Lecture at the Elche University - Faculty of Law on “Draft Common Frame of Reference and ius commune europaeum”.
Lecture at the Alicante University - Faculty of Law on “The prescription: from Roman Law to Draft Common Frame of Reference”.
Lecture on “La cancelleria giustinianea e l’infungibilità dei giuristi classici: l’esempio delle decisiones” in international congress “Dogmengeschichte und historische Individualität der Juristen. Storia dei dogmi e individualità storica dei giuristi romani. 14-17 giugno 2011” in Montepulciano Italy.
- Lecture at the Summer School of the University of Hunan, Changsha (China) on “Contracts Infringing Mandatory Rules: from Roman Law to EU Law”.
- Lecture at the Summer School of the University of Hunan, Changsha (China) on “Time of Performance: from Roman Law to EU Law”.
- Lecture at the Roman Legal System Research Center of the University of Hunan, Changsha (China) on “Reverentia antiquitatis”.
- Lecture at the Roman Legal System Research Center of the University of Hunan, Changsha (China) on “A new Palingenesis of Books ad edictum by Paul: the comment on edicatl prescriptions about the in ius vocare”.
Lecture at the Barcelona University - Faculty of Law on “Decisiones e constitutiones ad commodum propositi operis pertinentes”;
Lecture at the Barcelona University - Faculty of Law on “Il caso di C.I. 5.70.7”;
Lecture at the Barcelona University - Faculty of Law on “Mora and Interpellatio: from Roman Law to Draft Common Frame of Reference”.
- January 2017
Intervention in the Meeting “Scriptores iuris Romani ERC 2014 AdG 2014”, University of Rome “La Sapienza”;
- February 2017
Intervention in the meeting “Palingenesi e commento delle opere di Giulio Paolo”, University of Bologna;
- September 2017
Intervention in the meeting “Workshop sui libri ad edictum di Paolo e di Ulpiano”, University of Rome “La Sapienza”;
- November 2017
Lectio “Dalla Scuola storica alla Pandettistica. La dottrina civilistica tra ‘800 e ‘900”, University of Bologna ( Ravenna) ;
- November 2017
Lectio “Il classicismo giustinianeo”, University of Bologna;
- December 2018
Lectio “La responsabilità precontrattuale: un’indagine diacronica”, University of Bologna;
- December 2018
Lectio “La compilazione del Digesto”, University of Bologna.
- He is a member of the student-teacher commission of the Faculty of Law of Trento
- He is responsible, for the historical area, of the School of Specialization for the Legal Professions (SSPL) of Trento and Verona