Centre for Medical Sciences - CISMED
The Centre for Medical Sciences - CISMed provides the inter-university single-cycle master's degree in Medicine and Surgery of the University of Trento and the University of Verona. The Centre operates in close collaboration with the Department of Cellular, Computational and Integrative Biology (CIBIO) and the Department of Psychology and Cognitive Science (DiPSCo), and benefits from the contribution of the Center for Mind/Brain Sciences (CIMeC).
The CISMed was established to facilitate the development of research and to offer high-quality education in the field of human health, making the most of the knowledge developed in other scientific areas of the University of Trento. The Centre therefore builds on the knowledge and expertise of other University departments and centres, while collaborating with preclinical and clinical research facilities and hospitals, at local, national and international level.
The main objectives of the Centre are:
- to create the conditions for the development of clinical research areas within health facilities that valorize medical practitioners;
- to design a programme that combines education and clinical research, gives visibility to research and valorizes it, and can compete in preclinical medicine at international level;
- to develop a learning programme that prepares students for the medicine of the near future, in particular in the area of biomedical technologies.
The Centre offers the following programmes of study:
- the single-cycle master';s degree in Medicine and Surgery, that aims to train doctors with innovative technological specializations who are capable of responding to the needs of patients in terms of health and well-being;
- the undergraduate degree programme in Professional Social work, which provides the social, psychological, pedagogical and medical knowledge to become a Professional Health Worker.