Veronica De Sanctis
2000-2003 Ph.D. in Genetic and Molecular Biology. Title of the thesis: “The functional relevance of the transcriptional activator Rap1p during stringent response of S. cerevisiae” Tutor Prof. Ernesto Di Mauro
1999-2000 Trainee in a Molecular Biology Laboratory, CNR with Dr. Rodolfo Negri, University of Rome "La Sapienza".
1999 Degree in Biological sciences at University of Rome “La Sapienza” (110/110 cum laude) with an experimental thesis in Molecular Biology with title: “Manganese water soluble porphyrin senses DNA conformation. A potential tool to analyse DNA structure in vitro and in vivo”; Tutor Prof. Ernesto Di Mauro
1998 Participation on NATO Advanced Research Workshop “Structural Biology and Functional Genomics” organized by International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology ICGEB – Trieste.
Carriera accademica ed attività didattica
2012 February – March Visiting Scientist at University of California, Los Angeles in Prof. Matteo Pellegrini’s laboratory
2011-to date Staff Scientist, CIBIO, University of Trento, Italy. Next Generation Sequencing Core Facility Manager.
2009-2010 Postdoctoral researcher, CIBIO, in Dr Alberto Inga’s laboratory. (Scientific interests: Histone post-transcriptional modifications and their role in DNA replication; Transcription regulation mediated by the interplay between transcription factors and chromatin structure. p53 network; miRNAs and p53 circuits). Pezcoller Foundation Fellowship
2005-2007 Postdoctoral researcher, University of California, Los Angeles in Prof. Michael Grunstein’s laboratory (Scientific interests: Histone post-transcriptional modifications, Chromatin structure and their role in the major cellular functions of the genome.)
2003-2005 Postdoctoral researcher, University of Rome “La Sapienza” in Prof. Rodolfo Negri’s laboratory. (Scientific interests: Transcription regulation mediated by the interplay between transcription factors and chromatin structure.). University of Rome Fellowship (Assegno di Ricerca)
2014-2015 Adjunct Professor in High Throughput Methodologies I at University of Trento
2011-2012 Teaching Assistant in practical exercitations in System Biology at University of Trento
2009-2010 Teaching Assistant in practical exercitations in Developmental Biology and in Genetic at University of Trento
2005 Lectures in “Chromatin Structure and Histone Modifications” for the Master of Biotechnology at University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
2004-2005 Member of the Examination Board for the course of “Molecular Genetic” in the faculty of Biotechnology (Dott.ssa Sabrina Venditti) at University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
2004-2005 Member of the Examination Board for the course of “Structure and Function of the Eukaryotic Chromosome” in the faculty of Biological Sciences (Dott.ssa Sabrina Venditti) at University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
2001-2004 Lecturer in Molecular Biology in the Master of Applied Genetic for Prof. Giorgio Camilloni “Chromatin structure and function”, “Nucleosome Positioning” and “Nuclear Matrix” at University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
2001-2002 Lecturer and Teaching Assistant in practical exercitations in the faculty of Biological Science in Embryogenesis and Developmental Biology at University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
Attività di ricerca
Experienced Facilities Manager with a demonstrated history of working in Research Institutes. Skilled in Next Generation Sequencing, Life Sciences, Genetics, and Cell Biology. Strong professional with a Ph.D. focused in Genetics and Molecular Biology from University of Rome "La Sapienza".
During her PhD she has been actively investigating the world of gene regulation and the molecular basis of gene expression; main research topic: the influence of chromatin structure on transcription regulation.
Later, working in the Laboratory of Functional Genomics and Proteomics of University of Rome, La Sapienza and in California at UCLA (Michael Grunstein's Lab), she has been applying DNA microarrays technologies to functional genomics, cooperating to several projects (transcriptomic screenings and ChIP-chip).
During the last few years she has been moving from microarray to Next Generation Sequencing and now she manages the NGS Core facility in the University of Trento dealing with all common and custom NGS sequencing applications and developing novel methods.
Convegni e conferenze
Participation to NGS related meetings and workshops
- 3rd International Winter School on Nano and Biotechnology ANIS3 "Next generation technology systems and life sciences interface research: an integrative approach" 23-27 January 2012 Sterzing, Italy.
- Golden Helix Symposium 2012 "Genomic Medicine: translating Genes into Health" 18-21 April 2012 Torino, Italy.
- ILLUMINA Scientific Summit "Advances in Genome Science" 18-20 May 2012, Sitges, Spain.
- Ion Torrent User Experience Tour 9 October 2012, Bologna, Italy.
- ILLUMINA Scientific Summit "Advances in Genome Science" 21-23 May 2013, Berlin, Germany
- ILLUMINA User Group Meeting 18-19 November 2013, Rome, Italy.
- 4th International Winter School on Nano and Biotechnology ANIS4 "RNAome.0 functions, methodologies and diagnostics" 27-31 January 2014, Sterzing, Italy.
- ILLUMINA Scientific Summit "Advances in Genome Science" 13-15 May 2014, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Core Technologies for Life Science Congress (CTLS 2014) 2-5 June 2014, Paris, France.
- Ion Torrent User Experience Tour 30 September 2014, Bologna, Italy
- SIGU “Il sequenziamento di nuova generazione in Genetica Umana e Medica”, 30-31 October 2014, Bologna, Italy
- ILLUMINA User Group Meeting 12 November 2014, Milan, Italy
- Ion Torrent User Experience Tour 07 October 2015, Florence, Italy
- ILLUMINA User Group Meeting 02 November 2015, Catania, Italy
- ILLUMINA European Genomic Technology Forum, 23 February 2016, Milan, Italy
- NGS e le sue applicazioni. Strategie di analisi e gestione del risultato. Isolati genetici, NGS e tratti complessi 9-10 June 2016, Istituto Mendel, Rome Italy
- Affidabilità analitica, validità ed utilità clinica nei test genetici di vecchia e nuova generazione. Il calcolo del rischio e la gestione del paziente. Indicatori, CQI e VEQ, 23-24 June 2016, Istituto Mendel, Rome Italy
- ILLUMINA User Group Meeting 2-3 March 2017, Malaga, Spain