Research Support and Technology Transfer Division
The Research support and technology transfer division supports the University’s academics engaged in research from the early stages of funding schemes to the transfer of research results to society.
The Division, in particular:
- provides and circulates information on funding opportunities through tailored searches, thematic newsletters and an internal database of research calls;
- provides support to researchers who need to submit research projects (understanding the documents and the directions to participate in programmes and funding schemes, keeping direct contacts with the funding body and reference institutions, providing assistance with the submission of proposals and the monitoring of funded projects, supporting campus services in accounting and the handling of project documents);
- organizes information and training initiatives when calls and programmes are launched, in particular when the latter offer opportunities for young researchers;
- performs technology scouting working side by side with research teams to facilitate scientific and technological collaborations with companies, to protect and negotiate intellectual property rights, to create university start-ups and research start-up;
- manages the relationships with national and international institutions and is responsible for the data base of the University’s research fellows;
- provides support in internal and national processes on the evaluation of research and third mission.
To be able to offer quick and effective services to departments and their professors and researchers, the division is structured in 3 campus offices with dedicated staff: